Instructions for Selank
Form of release
Nasal drops in the form of a colorless transparent liquid.
threonyl-lysyl-prolyl-arginyl-prolyl-glycine-proline diacetate 1.5 mg
Excipients: methylparahydroxybenzoate (nipagin) - 1 mg, purified water - up to 1 ml.
3 ml - glass bottles (1) with a pipette cork - packs cardboard.
3 ml - glass bottles (1) with a pipette - packs cardboard.
N05BX Other anxiolytics
Anxiolytic agent (tranquilizer)
Synthetic analogue of endogenous peptide taftzin, has an original mechanism of neurospecific action on the central nervous system.
It has an anti-anxiety effect with an antidepressant effect; anti-asthenic action. Eliminates symptoms of anxiety, anxiety, fear, apathy, depression and asthenia.
Improves cognitive functions, memory, speech, increases attention, activates learning processes, in particular, memorization, analysis and reproduction of information. Normalizes psychomotor reactions.
Under stress, it eliminates emotionally negative stress and stimulates the development of adaptive behavior aimed at achieving a useful result.
Anxiety: unmotivated anxiety, anxiety; panic attacks; neurasthenia; asthenia; mood instability; sleep disorders; decrease in will, initiation of activity, indecision, difficulties in making decisions, self-doubt; uncertainty in communication; adjustment disorders.
Prevention and treatment of stress disorders.
Method of administration, course and dosage
Topical application. The dosage regimen is individual, depending on the indications, the age of the patient and the clinical situation.
Use in pregnancy and breastfeeding
Contraindicated use during pregnancy and lactation (breastfeeding).
Perhaps: the development of allergic reactions with individual intolerance; unpleasant taste sensations when the drug Selank used from the nasal cavity enters the mucous membrane of the pharynx.
Contraindications to use
Pregnancy, lactation (breastfeeding); children under 18 years of age; hypersensitivity to the active substance.
With intranasal use, the effectiveness of absorption may decrease in the presence of increased discharge of the nasal mucosa, therefore, before use (instillation), it is recommended to clean the nasal passage.
Use in children
The drug Selank is contraindicated for use in children and adolescents under the age of 18 years
- GABA, Selank, and Olanzapine Affect the Expression of Genes Involved in GABAergic Neurotransmission in IMR-32 Cells - https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5328971/
- Effect of Selank on Functional State of Rat Hepatocytes under Conditions of Restraint Stress - https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/28853100/
- State of Colon Microbiota in Rats during Chronic Restraint Stress and Selank Treatment - https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/31236882/
- Peptide-based Anxiolytics: The Molecular Aspects of Heptapeptide Selank Biological Activity - https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/30255741/
- Selank, Peptide Analogue of Tuftsin, Protects Against Ethanol-Induced Memory Impairment by Regulating of BDNF Content in the Hippocampus and Prefrontal Cortex in Rats - https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/31625062/
- The Influence of Selank on the Level of Cytokines Under the Conditions of "Social" Stress - https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/32621722/
- [A comparison of the anxiolytic effect and tolerability of selank and phenazepam in the treatment of anxiety disorders] - https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/25176261/
- [COMPARISON OF PHARMACOLOGICAL EFFECTS OF HEPTAPEPTIDE SELANK AFTER INTRANASAL AND INTRAPERITONEAL ADMINISTRATION TO BALB/c AND C57BL/6 MICE] - https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/29787664/
- Peptides semax and selank affect the behavior of rats with 6-OHDA induced PD-like parkinsonism - https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/28702721/